Monday 12 September 2011

Monday Music: Sean Songs

Music + Alliteration! Monday Music is my chance to share some music, be it stuff that I write to, that reminds me of a character, that forms the soundtrack of a story I'm currently working on, or that just happens to be my latest earworm/workout track.

This week, have a few songs that remind me of the character Sean O'Hara, one of the leads in The Hollow Hill.


Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

And like a mirror, the city lights shine
They're screaming at us, "We don't need your kind"
Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small
That we can never get away from the sprawl




Mother Mother - Burning Pile

All my style, all my grace,
All I try to save my face,
All my guts try to spill,
All my holes try to fill.
All my money been a long time spent,
On my drugs, on my rent.
It goes:
All my troubles on a burning pile,
All lit up and I start to smile.
If I catch fire then I'll take my turn
To burn and burn and burn






The Decemberists  - I Don't Mind

Here's you with your mom on your back
Going into the woods
She's so proud that you're staying on track
Like a good son should
But you don't know why you got
All choked up when you said goodbye
And you can hear her still when the nights are still
All crying out for calamine
Is it too late to tell you that I don't mind?




Wolf Parade  - You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son

I got a number on me
I got a number
Won't make it through the high noon sun
Well I am my Father's Son
I am my Father's Son
His bed is made

I was a hero
Early in the morning
I ain't no hero
In the night
I am my Father's Son

No comments:

Post a Comment